Monday 6 June 2011

This is serious.

Oookay bloggers. Something has arisen in me. Today at school, I was talking to one of my friends about prom and the before/ after parties. My friend asked me why I wasn't going to either one of them. I told her I didn't want to be around partying or alcohol. Before I could tell her why, the bell rang and she had to go catch her bus. BUT! You lucky ducks who are reading this blog, get to know why.
To start, a little bit of my testimony (BTW... I will be sharing my full testimony on my birthday....August 3rd...be sure to catch that one!). When I was younger, my dad was a heavy drinker and addicted to drugs. That tore my family apart so much, that I haven't even talked to my dad in like five years. Now I hate alcohol and drugs with a passion. I don't want to be around it and I don't want to be apart of a conversation that revolves around it.  So when people ask me why I am not going to prom or any of the other (pointless) parties, I say I don't want anything to do with that.... junk.
Okay okay... I can just hear the comments now.... "Why are you being so judgmental about this Carley?!". Okay.....don't let ME stand in the way of YOUR drinking and what not. But, tell me, what's next? After all those parties and getting so drunk that you don't even remember what happened the morning after, what's next? Sure, maybe it gives you a little rush... for a little bit, but what good comes out of it? Do you feel accepted when you do that stuff? Is that your only joy in life? What good does it even do for YOU?
A few years ago, I wanted to kill myself because I never felt accepted. But I met this man who treats me like a princess. He can't stop thinking about me. He holds my heart and He never lets go of it. He guides me by the hand. And He LOVES me.
This man is named Jesus. He can't stop thinking about you. He holds your heart and He will never let it go. He will guide your every step, if you just let Him. HE LOVES YOU! 
Jesus is above any drug high or any good tasting alcohol that gets you drunk. He is the King of Kings, Lord of Lords. He is the Beginning and the End. He is the Alpha and the Omega. He is waiting for you to come home and He wants you to be home. He will be waiting at the pearly white gates with arms wide open....ready to scoop you up and give the biggest hug and sloppiest kiss you will ever get!
There is this really good song that I want everyone to listen to after reading this (link below). It's called You Love Me Anyway by Sidewalk Prophets. It say that Jesus loves us no matter where we come from, no matter our past is, or what horrible things we have done. Bring it all to the cross and let Jesus step into your life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9ICt1FFTwo


More to come!
God Bless
Love,
Carley

No comments:

Post a Comment