Tuesday 14 June 2011

Bless Someone!

So this is just a quick little blog today. I just wanted to share what had happened to me today. 
So about a month ago, I bought this pink cross necklace, and I absolutely LOVE it! Today I was wearing it and one of my friends thought it was really pretty. (I don't want to give out my friends name, so I am going to call her Casey). Casey has been struggling with her walk with God lately, and I have been encouraging her to keep strong with God. So today, she came up to me and was like "Carley I really want a cross necklace" (this was before she realized I had a cross necklace on). 
So, what did I do? I made a sacrifice for a friend. I took off my necklace (yes. the one that I really loved...the pink sparkley cross necklace that was one of my favorites) and I handed it to her and said "Here.Take mine". The look in her eyes, and the feeling I got afterwards, meant more to me than any necklace, diamond, or any other expensive thing here on earth. 
What I did today, made me realize that Jesus wants us to do with our lives. He gave us something so precious.... our lives.  We need to take our lives and say "Here Jesus. Take it. It's yours. Do with it what you will". 
I don't want a "Thank you" or a "Good job Carley" for what I did today. I want anyone who reads this blog to bless someone. It could be the simplest thing like a high five, or even just a "hello".  Maybe you too need to give someone a necklace or a watch, or something else special to you. But don't go one day without making a difference.
There's a generation that's hurting out there, and it's time for the Christians to rise up and be the bridge from them to Jesus Christ, the biggest blessing we will ever receive.
So go for it. Step outside your box.  BLESS someone.
Be blessed,
Love,
Carley <3  

No comments:

Post a Comment