Tuesday 23 August 2011

Keep Running God's Race


As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord- Joshua 24:15

       Lately God has been speaking to me about running hard after Him and no matter what the enemy tries to throw at you, keep pressing in for the goal. I have been really struggling with knowing what God has for me- my destiny, who God wants me to be with, etc.  For the past few days, I have been physically seeing Joshua 24:15 everywhere and it reminds that I need to serve the Lord with everything I have. 
       The other day at church, my Pastor said something that really stuck with me. He said keep running hard after God with no distractions, and one day you will look beside you and the one that God has ordained for you to be with will be right there running beside you.  This doesn't mean that there aren't going to be any distractions. This means that when distractions come, what will you do about these distractions? Are you going to give into the enemy? Or are you going to keep your eyes focused on God and keep running after the goal. Last Friday at my youth group, one of the events we had to do was to lay on the ground with our eyes closed and keep a little cup on our heads. We had to really focus on keeping the cup on our heads as people came around and did whatever they could to distract us. This taught me that the enemy is going to get all up in my face to try to get my focus off of God, but no matter what the distraction may be, I CAN'T CAVE IN TO THE ENEMY! 
       A few days ago, God gave me a vision of log that was sitting just outside the campfire. I asked God why He showed me this and He said This log can only feel the heat of My fire. It only has one more step to be fully surrounded in fire. Carley, you are that log. This week I have been connecting the running thing and the campfire thing together. The revelation? That log isn't going to get itself into the fire. It needs to be picked up and thrown into it. I need to throw myself into God's fire, and once I am in, there is no turning back. Once I am in His fire, I need to keep running after God and keeping my eyes on the goal. 
       Fellow bloggers, keep your eyes on the goal. Don't give. Don't back down. Keep running after God and being on fire for Him. The best is yet to come. 
God bless,
Love,
Carley <3

No comments:

Post a Comment